- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
- We do not directly collect information (i.e. name, credit card information, etc.) from visitors of our site.
- We collect anonymous information through third-party Google Analytics services when you visit our site.
- When do we collect information?
- We only provide articles and information, we never ask for personal or private information like email addresses, or credit card numbers.
- How do we use your information?
- We use demographics and interest reporting data by Google Analytics services to better improve our site's reach.
- We use data regarding user interactions with our site to better improve our site's function and usability.
- How do we protect visitor information?
- We do not collect information from visitors of our site.
- We use an SSL certificate to encrypt your connection to this website.
- We do not directly send cookies for tracking purposes from on our own domain.
- In a few cases, when using an special passcode to access restricted content, we set a cookie with an encrypted hash of this code so you don't have to enter it each time you visit the site. All logins are done on the client-side, so no information is ever transmitted to our server. This cookie is never used for tracking purposes.
- Opt-out of Cookies
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- Note: If you disable cookies, some features on other websites will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- How to Opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking Software
- You can opt out of certain Google advertising services via their website, or use a browser plugin to opt out of Google Analytics tracking software.
- You can also opt out from various tracking services through the Network Advertising initiative opt out page.
- Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- Third Party Disclosure
- We do not collect, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
- According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- How does our site handle "do not track" signals?
- We do not directly collect user data, therefore when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place, our site's services are unaffected.
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- We do not specifically market to children under 13.
- Contacting Us
121 North Gate hall
Berkeley, CA 94720
contact [at] newmedia.report